twitter

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Hair time

As i promised before. to post about hair. here it is. 
Hair... what is there to say about hair? Something that frames your face. 
You dye it, you cut it, you go under the sun with it, you tie it, you braid it.
You straighten it, you perm it. 
You wash it, you condition it, you treatment it, you mask it. 

And so many more things that you do with it. 
But, how much time do you take to care for it? 

We all care about our face, we wouldn't JUST get a skin care. but we'd do research about it, ask around. test it, smell it. 
We will do everything we will to make sure it suits our skin/face. color tone. like packaging. 
along with our make up. And everything that you and i do. 

But when it comes to hair, 
How many of you will do a research as much as for your skin care? 
Or will you ask around people for opinions and WHAT to do to make your better?
It is pretty obvious why because when people look at us, when we talk to people. 
They look at our eyes, our face, our nose, our lips. 
We are aware that our face looks fat or thin OR how our nose looks lop-sided in certain picture. 
And because hair is hair. Nobody notices much about it. 
People only go 'OMG! your hair's so long!' or 'Nice color! Which salon did you go too?'
How many people of you look at your hair like how you look at your face?
How many of you photoshop you hair when you edit your pictures? 

It's the truth because you can just type 'skin care' or 'google' and all those commercial and review stuff comes out. Along with forums and website which are uncountable. 
And if you type 'hair care'? most of them are all medical and not very commercialize. 
Do you shop for your hair product like how you shop for you skin care? 
I DO! I would say i was one of those who cared for my face more than my hair. 
Right until my hair died. LITERALLY!
I have curly kinky african hair. You can ask my school friends. It was so damn hard to maintain and i hated it. 
I started straightening my hair twice a year when i was 14. I started dying my hair every 6 months AND straightening my hair when i was 17. Then when i turned 19, i bought myself a straightener and did it at least once a week myself at home. On top of that, i still go to the salon to dye and straighten it. When i was 21. i stop going to the salon to straighten it, but dyed it ASH BROWN BLONDE (so practically bleaching my hair) but i straightened my hair every single day. Not silky straight, but enough to maintain it.. 

Hence, the reason why i can never be able to grow long long long LOOOOOOOOONG hair. 
 Everyone of us, well MOST of us, are using a hair dryer at home. 
Those who cared a little will get the ionic or the moist-lock kinda hair dryer will different heads and stuff. 
Hair dryer may seem harmless, But more than 3 minute on high heat, that's not good. 
I go 1 minute high heat and 2 to 3 minute on cold heat. 
Why go cold? because high heat ruins your hair, and frizz them up. and cold heat maintains and keep it down. 
Don't believe me go try it! Don't be stingy to get a hair dryer. it's the least you need. 
Air-dry is not really that good either because there's no styling and hair just go lumpy. 


Then we have different kind of combs and brushes. 
Ever heard your mom asking your to brush your hair 100 times a day? Okay, not your mom, maybe your great great great great mom. But my mom does...
Some people say it's good, some people say it's not. 
It's not good to do it more than once a day. it's not good to do it everyday. 
I do it once a week.
and with the PROPER brush. NOT comb!. 
not round circle brush, but the oval brush. curly hair should get the bigger range and straight hair should get the normal one. 
Why should you do this? Because the brush massages your scalp and it helps with the growing of your hair faster and keeps the natural oil of your hair. 



I love trimming and cutting hair, because i know my hair will be fresher and healthier. but i also hate it because i want long hair. 
I have now begun to trim my hair myself. well, more like cut strands of split ends. 


My current haircare range. Global keratin. 
Some people go for a more pharmacy commercial product like sunsilk and loreal. 
Some go for a better one. 
I go for global keratin juvenix is because this is a hair taming repair system. 
When it meant hair taming it means making your hair heavier, straighter and less frizzier. 
So when people say hair straightening shampoo. This is one of it. 
Using this is benefiting me because 1st, it repairs my hair with keratin. (Keratin is the fibre structural of our hair) so by using it, it's giving me more of my hair. 

Our hair grows about 0.5 to 1.5 inch a month, so in a year? it's about 12 inch. depending on how you care for it and cut it. 
So can you imagine like by the ends of your hair are so old and dry. and all the stress that you've put in?? It really needs help. and care


Macadamia oil is currently my hair oil treatment. and i loved it. I'm using my second bottle and had used it since last year. 



So, enough of all the talking. By now you should know what you need to do. and i will talk further more about it. 
BUT, i want to show you something. 
My hair... TRUE STORY. 
this is going to happen to you if you don't take proper care about it.. 

What i'm about to show you is only like 10 strands of my hair.. and this 10 strands were cut from 15 strands of the bunch i was trimming strand by strand.. 
So you can imagine how bad my hair is..
and i am proving it to you...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.


TADAH!!!
my split ends. 
some people think it's disgusting, some people think it's cool. 
i think it's sad... everytime i see my hair. i just want to cry. 
But i'm doing my best to save it, and leaving my hair long. 
I have stop dying and straightening or using the hair straightener. 
I minimize hair dryer too. 
i shampoo twice a day because my hair is super dry and brittle. and dead. So you shouldn't shampoo everyday if your hair is bad. 


First two pictures taken by my Sony TX5 



Next two taken by my DSLR with macro lens. 



So what do you think? Cool? Disgusting? Or do you think it's normal??
My hair has split up to 4 inches up max i've found.. 
I've ben cuting for the past 2 weeks and it's getting better. 
i'm doing it strand by strand okay!!. so it's slower progress. 
So, Take care of your hair like your face. 

Any questions please be free to ask. =)
Don't forget Hair is part of beauty too. 

6 comments:

for the love of beauty by lara said...

split ends are cool haha i liked looking at mine too haha

iv purchased the macadamia mask - havent tried yet - this has reminded me!!

Unknown said...

the macadamia mask is good. But the only problem i have that, if i use it more than twice a week, my hair feels super heavy and weighs down.

Ames said...

i have the same hair problem =(..
I have natural curly and frizzy hair and there's no way to make it work except to perm or straighten it.
My hair went from dying to completely dead. =.=''
So i stopped doing anymore damage to my hair but i had to tie my hair every single day (everytime i head out) =(

Unknown said...

i can't tell you have natural curly and frizzy hair! i thought yours was naturally straight.
I am letting my hair grow long which it doesn't seem like it. =D

Ames said...

maybe cause i'm hiding it too well? I feel really insecure bout my hair.. Fuhh i finally found someone who faces the same prob.. =/ i'm surrounded by pretty hair (natural) frens. Btw u look great with blunt bangs! I'm considering bangs too but i'm sked of regrowth.

Unknown said...

HAHA. i wish to have nice long smooth healthy hair as well. LOL.
i love the bangs but it's trouble some to keep them cz i have to trim them and blow dry straight everyday. but in malaysia cannot. cz when i sweat it curls up again. HAHAA.
I don't really like tying my hair cz i look bald. LOL