twitter

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Being Flawless: My Story

Everyone wants that flawless skin. For us asians? Not just flawless, but also the fair skin which is beyond reach. 
Most of us asians don't like to be tanned, Cz being tanned doesn't bring out the glow of our skin. 
To me, it makes me feel dull. No shine, No Glowing. 
Angeline Jolie is no asian, but being the ambassador of Shiseido, she doesn't fail to have nice skin too. 
Ok, that picture is DEFINATELY photoshopped and airbrush. which magazine and billboard isn't right?
But still, she doesn't have bad skin either!
I know it's impossible to have airbrushed flawless skin. BUT, at least we try our best to get close to what we desire. RIGHT?
Having flawless skin does not really make you feel better, it also helps with make up. 
1. Say bye bye to cake layer make-up
2. You do not need BB cream, and base, together with foundation and primer (that's a hell lot of make up there by itself)
Your skin can't even breathe...
3. No more HUGE cover up. 
4. You can wear light make up and still look pretty. 


I used to have Freckles. Well, i still have a little now, it's just not that obvious anymore. 
I hated it. Cz How often do you come across a 22 year old asian girl who has freckles on her cheeks? 
I hated it. I always needed concealer to cover it up. and face powder for it of course. 



I have tried so many whitening/anti-freckle product. 
But, it still didn't help much. PLUS, i have skin that goes red. (the natural blush)
But i hate it, cz it doesn't look like a nice blush. It looks like redness rash spot/allergy. 
Right at the apple of the cheeks, During the day, it gets even red due to the sun (again)


So much for having the sun around, that was one reason i hated the sun, you can ask my sister. LOL
How i needed an umbrella wherever i went, and a sun block in my handbag. 
Not just having that, i'm pretty particular with my sun-block/sunscreen too. 

I used to be using the Shiseido Pureness range meant for oily skin or normal skin. 
But i have now changed to White lucent. 
I didn't not et the big bottle where you get from the counter as i had the same question everyone would have in their head ''Does it really work?""
Although, it's shiseido and they have never failed to achieve the costumers needs. 
I bought the trial kit set instead. it was $69 For the set. that comes with 
1. 75ml Brightening Cleansing Foam
2. 75ml Brightening Balancing Softener
3. 30ml Brightening Protective Emulsion spf 15 PA++ (DAY)
and i bought the Brightening Moisturising Emulsion(Night) For restore and night treatment
The full range (top image)

This was how the box looks like inside. It comes with instructions and everything that you need to know. 
The White Lucent range brightens up your complexion and eliminates dark circle, freckles, birth mark (it doesn't make it go away. but it lightens it), and age spots. 
It has dual vitamin C in it. That is what brightens it up. 


The three small trial bottles that i have. 



 I have been using it for 3 weeks, and i'm loving it. 
No more redness and my freckles are going away. 
I know the cons of it is that it's expensive and it's considered the luxury range, but it's worth every cent spent on it. (it never goes to waste)
before this i was using the Etude House O2 white range, which was pretty good, but wasn't as effective as the shiseido one. 
The Christian Dior Snow range for whitening is really good too. But i guess i'd be sticking with shiseido unless i get a free sample for the CD Snow, then i'd try it out and do a review on it. 
This is the Body shop Vitamin C Eye Reviver Duo $29 (The Body Shop)
It gives ultimate Vitamin C. and helps get rid of Dark circles, puffy eyes, tired eyes, dull eyes.
It comes in day and night application. 
It's really good. DOesn't smell too bad. Makes you feel like eating orange too 




So that's my flawless skin secret. =) 

2 comments:

Tze Chiun said...

aww, but ur skin memang flawless..those r just minor issue rite??? its better than those pimples or whatever..xD

Unknown said...

Yea. true. =D but my face last time got freckles. HAHAA. and beginning of this year got pimples. i used Nuskin Clear Action. bout RM599 per set. it was really good. after that no more d. But lucky my face isn't like my brother la. HAHHAA